A basic Introduction

Welcome to the world of Python Programming.

Before we start anything on this topic, I would like to assume the following,

  1. You know about computer programs.
  2. You know about different form of languages.
  3. You know the basics of using a computer like using notepad to write something on it.
  4. Copy paste and save on Notepad etc.
  5. You know how to deal with the command prompt/shell.
However, if you don't know about computer programs, you can read the information in this post, Computer Programs. This post gives you an insight why a computer program exists and what its basic functionality is.

If you are a beginner and yet to know about forms of programming language, the following two articles are just right for you,


If you do not have any idea of Unix Shell/ Windows Powershell or Mac OS Command Line, I recommend you complete this crash course on Command Line, Command Line Crash Course.

At this point, I assume that you are aware of Computer Programming, High Level languages and Command Line.

Please don't prove my assumptions wrong. Because, they are the strong base you will be requiring throughout all the subsequent articles.

Now, I want to be very frank on my writing rules,
  • While writing any article, I assume that you are in front of me and you have asked me a question and I have to answer the question for you. Questions are generally marked bold while my answers to them are in plain text. That may be weird way of writing. But that's the best way I can explain things in minute details.
    For example, look at this article on data, Data. Once you go through it, you will definitely understand what I mean.
  • Sometimes articles are too long. No way, you have to bear with them.
  • Most of the articles will be having real code examples and the output.
  • Although you will see the output in the article, I recommend you to write them on a notepad, save it, compile and run it to see the results yourself rather than relying on me.
  • Practice makes a man perfect. So, practice every day. If you are stuck with anything, comments are welcome. I will try to reply on your comment as soon as possible.
  • I strongle suggest you use simple text editors like Notepad, Notepad++, Vi etc. Please do not use highly functional IDE's and plugins. They will surely bar you from seeing the errors.
  • Wherever necessary, there will  be a section named Source Code Distribution. This section will details about the source code discussed in the article. You can download the source code and can verify the same with your program. But it is not recommended to directly download and use it for your purposes. That will actually defeat the purpose of learning.
I think after reading all these, some people will surely go back and check some other website. If you are still reading this, 'Welcome reader, I thank you to be here' and we'll start our discussion on Python in the next article.

No comments:

Post a Comment